Wednesday, March 1, 2017

A world full of opportunities


Climbing up Mount Donna Buang in Winter


It has been an age since I last posted and what a time I have had!


I am now a physiotherapist and have completed my first year in a private practice in the stunning Yarra Valley in Victoria. It has been an amazing yet challenging year of firsts. I have learned so much from my wonderful, supportive colleagues and have attended numerous courses to further extend my knowledge. As well as my clinical, in-room work, I love teaching my clinical matwork pilates classes and supervising people doing independent hydrotherapy programs.

The past year has been all about following what makes me tic and ensuring I have a good work-life balance. If I cannot follow my passions, how can I encourage my patients to follow their hearts and set the bar higher on what they can achieve and what they can do with their life. Too many people  are living their lives at a level of 'it's ok' but aren't super happy or living lives they really do not want to lead.

Photo Credit: Sam Rosenzweig
I hope to encourage and motivate people by building a rapport and learning what makes them excited, what fuels their fire and what would they do if they could do anything then help empower them to do that.

It seems to me that we live in a world where everyone is encouraged to just 'get by'. To me, life is there to be lived. It should be thrilling, exciting, abundant and forever changing as we grow and further seek out what we really want to be spending our time doing.

Photo Credit: James Caracoussis
I never thought I was going to move out of Tasmania, then I thought I was never going to move out of SA but a chance of a lifetime volunteering for a paediatric uni placement in Vietnam changed that. Here I am in Victoria learning as much about people as I am learning about physiotherapy whilst never forgetting to explore the road less travelled and keeping my body and mind active for a healthier, more wholesome me.





My patients have asked me how I manage to be so bubbly all day and it's simple, I follow my passions and have plenty of active me time therefore I feel more able to cope with the challenges thrown into each day. Movement is the best medicine.  Let's get moving and passionate Australia!



Social media
Instagram: @hannahgracegeelan

Sunset commute along the Lilydale-Warburton Rail Trail
Climbing Lake Mountain


Mtb riding at Buxton 
Dirty Gran Fondo. Photo Credit: Matt Barron

No comments:

Post a Comment